As a patient of this practice you have a responsibility:
- To treat health care workers and other patients courteously and with respect.
- To respect the rights and privacy of health care workers and other people using the service.
- To give treating staff complete, accurate information about your condition, previous treatment, medications, allergies and any other information related to your health.
- To ask questions until you feel fully informed about your illness and any treatment that is recommended, and then make an informed choice about treatment.
- To advise staff and/your doctor immediately if you stop treatment or stop taking prescribed medication.
- To advise treating staff if your condition worsens or does not seem to be improving with treatment.
- To follow the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner responsible for your care and accept the consequences of your actions if you decline treatment or do not follow instructions.
- To keep appointments or notify the practice if this is not possible.